Sunday 26 May 2019

A COW CALLED PIXIE, part the third

Two of my very favourite animals in all the world came to say goodbye to me/see me off out of their territory as I completed my Friday night Night Check of the Milton herd. They are, on the right, the gentle sweet Ayrshire heifer Sheena and, in the middle, the ever quizzical-of-expression and soon-to-be-dried-off Pixie.





One cannot get near Pixie to lavish behind ear and under chin scratches upon her, because she is soon to take flight and toddle away. She is full of questions, however, and will shadow your every move over field or through shed. Sheena is a sweet rose of a red cow, whereas Pixie is a corpulent little enigma.

Both are most rewarding characters to have in my life and, if it were permissible, I would keep them in my back garden and allow myself the exquisite, timeless delight of hand milking their silken endeavours into a bucket each morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment